SATI currently has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and competent individual to support the table grapes and related Agri industries. The incumbent will be rendering internal and external reporting, analytics and data services regarding production/farm management economics. The incumbent should have experience using a variety of analysis methods & data visualisation tools to turn data into actionable insights with demonstrated business impact. In addition, the ideal candidate must have the ability to communicate and build relationships with stakeholders in the industry.
• Acquire, combine and transform data (e.g. production & export statistics, farm level profitability, industry profitability, competitor analysis, logistical & shipping analysis, pest monitoring) from various sources into interpretable data sets
• Interpret data, analyse results using statistical/analytical techniques and provide ongoing reports
• Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Visualise data using appropriate tools
• Liaise with stakeholders on farm level (growers & exporters) and industry level (e.g. PPECB, Agrihub, Frudata, BFAP) regarding data requirements
• Training / knowledge acquisition and transfer to the rest of the team and members
• Internal data intelligence support to other portfolios (such as Transformation, Market Access, Research & Development, Marketing & Communication etc.)
• BSc/BCom degree in Agricultural Economics / Economics / Data Science / Information Management / Management Accounting
• At least 3-5 years’ experience within a similar or relevant role
• Experience/insight in the agricultural environment will be advantageous
• Knowledge and experience with relevant software packages will be advantageous
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Good communication skills and a team player that can cope in a dynamic environment
To apply, please register as soon as possible at
COMMERCIAL MANAGER: AMATIKULU SOUTH AFRICAN CANE GROWERS ASSOCIATION:Closing date for submission: 20 October 2022.
Do You Fit the Bill?
We are looking for a person who is business minded, with sound numerical acumen. If you are currently in a competitive business environment, are eager to look for alternative solutions to problems, want to get involved in building our growers business, we are interested in hearing from you.
You must have an excellent rapport with people and must have experience in managing projects and contracts, from inception to completion, a good background in negotiation, be an enabler and facilitator. It would also be advantageous if you have knowledge of and a passion and interest in agriculture – sugar/ trees. Sound financial and numerical skills and or economic skills are non-negotiables.
You must be an independent, self-driven, resilient, technologically savvy, strong on teamworking person who is ready to help our Cane Growers build their business.
The position is based in Amatikulu, Uthungulu District Municipality in the KwaZulu-Natal, and reports to the Grower Affairs Manager of SA Canegrowers.
The individual would need to reside in this area.
What you will do as Commercial Manager:
• You will drive and contribute to the Areas’ Growers strategic issues, including local grower council, mill group board, and other committees.
• You will run with a range of matters and challenges experienced by growers from attending government workshops, to how to generate a larger income stream for our Grower’s business’s.
• Provide input and assist grower leadership with pre and post preparation for strategic meetings.
• Project manage a diverse range of projects all in line with the local area’s strategic needs.
• Provide industrial, economic, and institutional updates at local grower meetings.
• Provide a service to individual growers which includes bank feasibility reports, compensation reports, crop valuations, contractor rates, lease agreements and rates.
• Participate in municipal activities such as the integrated development plans for the municipality.
• Oversee all development projects in the area such as Government or Company funded projects.
• You will advise on viability of crop diversification and other farm/ business matters and link in closely with other commodity organisations to assist growers where possible.
• Manage the Agriculture Business Advisor and other staff where necessary ensuring excellent administration, timely distribution of minutes, amongst others.
What you will need:
• Preferably a BCom or Business and Financial/Agricultural Economics Degree.
• A minimum of five years working in a competitive business focussed environment or business field.
• Experience in the field of agriculture being sugar or tree farming would be beneficial.
• Some experience in energy generation and energy solutions would be advantageous.
• Must be self-driven, problem solver with ability to oversee various projects simultaneously.
• Excellent people skills and ability to set new relationships and connections.
• Ethically minded and values driven, service orientated, innovative, resilient person who works effectively in a team environment as well as working independently to set own direction.
• A valid driver’s licence.
• Excellent numerical competence and skilled in Excel and Word.
Who We Are:
The South African Cane Growers’ Association is a registered non-profit company which protects the interests of its members by lobbying for an appropriate legislative environment, negotiating the best price, undertaking research and analysis, and providing growers with critical information empowering them to make sound decisions at farm, mill and industry level.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements, please clink on the link below and please attach your comprehensive CV including current remuneration details and expectations, as well as qualifications including matric certificate and academic record to:
It is important that you indicate the position you are applying for in the subject heading of your email or in the covering letter.
Applications will be considered as soon as they are received, and interviews arranged for shortlisted candidates thereafter.
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), the applicant freely and voluntarily consents to SA Canegrowers collecting, processing, and storing his/ her personal and special personal information for the purposes of his/ her application for this position.
Closing date for submission: 20 October 2022.
If you have not been contacted by 31 December 2022, please understand that your application has been unsuccessful.